Wednesday 7 September 2016

Fresher Flu - London Needs Better Tissues

There's been a nasty cold going around campus and I've recently caught it. :( Now 3 out of 5 of us in my study group are at various stages of sick. In fact one of our members was so ill previously, he ended up missing on our stream trip to Amsterdam.

If you sat in any of my classes, you'll find me coughing and blowing my nose, with a growing pile of tissues in front of me. In the last 3 days I've been through more than 3 boxes of tissues. Alas! It's rough having a cold in London. I've discovered that London doesn't seem to stock nice soft tissues for people with colds.

Sure, the boxes say "super soft", but honestly there's no "soft" to be found by my standards. Nothing like the super soft 3ply Kleenex Aloe Vera tissues so readily available at every supermarket in NZ. The Kleenex I've found here is pretty average - very disappointing compared to the quality back home, and no aloe vera or eucalyptus versions. :(

So now I've got a really sore nose, as well as a new appreciation for the huge variety and soft tissues that NZ has. If anyone knows where to find actual super soft tissues in London, I'd be immensely grateful! I'm a bit like the Kleenex ad they ran years ago in NZ, where the current tissues feel like I'm blowing my nose with sandpaper.

Oh and same applies to toilet paper as well. It's rough. There are some softer than others but nothing super soft. Hmm...maybe there's a business opportunity there?

No comments:

Post a Comment