Sunday 29 November 2015

Wheee!!!

So after the disappointing email from INSEAD on Thursday, I woke up early on Friday morning to do more research around dealing with being waitlisted. Then I noticed on the Clearadmit MBA update feed that some Round 1 results for LBS were out even though they weren't due for a week . Unlike INSEAD who calls accepted applicants, LBS conveys results to everyone via email. So with held breath I checked my emails and...

Yes! I was accepted!!!

That email totally made my day. I went from upset to ecstatic in less than 12 hours - what an emotional rollercoaster. It certainly made the waitlisted outcome from INSEAD much less of a disappointment. It is such a relief to know that no matter what, I'm going to get to do my MBA come August 2016, which is what I set out to do. Even better - no need to do more applications! Wheee!!! It would be nice to get accepted to INSEAD as well before the deposit for LBS is due in January, but at this stage I'm planning my actions as if I'm heading to LBS.

Note: You are most welcome to skip the following paragraph.
Indulging my conspiracy theory delusions here: I wonder if LBS planned this early release to time it with INSEAD's announcement? LBS and INSEAD often compete for the same candidates. By releasing their results at almost the same time, it cleverly steals some of the limelight from INSEAD. Those who got accepted to both would potentially face the tough decision of decided which to pick diminishing maximum happiness somewhat. Those who get accepted to INSEAD but not LBS would be happy they're going to INSEAD but still think about LBS (since it would've been the later news). Those who were waitlisted at INSEAD but admitted to LBS would be happier than they would've been if they had been accepted to both due to the additional happiness from the relief after the prior disappointment. Plus if INSEAD later decides it would like to accept a waitlisted candidate after all, it might be too late and the candidate might have decided to go with LBS. Ok yes I'm rambling!

In any case I've an acceptance pack on it's way to me soon. So excited! Scholarship offers are due to come out in the next couple of weeks. I'm really hoping I do get a scholarship given the astronomical cost of both the tuition and living in London. Sadly, the NZ dollar doesn't stack up so well against the British Pound. Next thing to tackle - financing!


No comments:

Post a Comment